From 03th to 05th July, 2017. Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
In today’s business world you need to stay in business and turn a profit at the end. For you to achieve this you must know how to finance assets, forecast future cash flows, maintain a budget, determine which operations are profit generators and which are not, and judge the real economic merits of different investment opportunities.
The most important part of an owners or managers position is being able to calculate and assess the overall financial health of your business. This course will provide the fundamentals of financial literacy and gives you the smart advice you need to increase your impact on financial planning, budgeting and forecasting.
It will explain in detail what you need to know to be an intelligent consumer of financial information, to plan, and to use financial concepts in making better business decisions.
learn how to:
- Explain the functions of financial management
- Use financial language to communicate more effectively with financial professionals
- Understand the key financial statements and their purpose; balance sheet, income and cash flow
- Interpret an organisation, or profit center using ratios and break-even analysis
- Use of budgeting, forecasting and planning to evaluate and control the business
- How to use financial information to help them manage their business
- Demystify?financial information and have confidence and control to make financial decisions.
Main topics to be covered:
- The Need for Financial Intelligence
- Finance within the Organization
- Concepts and conventions
- Importance of Accounts
- Who needs Accounts
- Managing Money
- Accounting for Business
- Annual Report
- Balance Sheet
- Profit and Loss
- Importance of Liquidity
- Statement of Cash Flows
- Revenue and Costs
- Ratio Analysis
- The Cost of Capital and Capital Investment Appraisal
- Strategy and Financing the Business
- Your Personal Plan